Monday, May 14, 2012

Scar Talk

I have been a TERRIBLE blogger lately. I really have no excuse -- I've just been lazy. Also, since I've been recovering after my recent bone graft surgery, nothing exciting has happened because I don't do anything. I have a follow up appointment on Wednesday and I'm hoping they will take the stitches out. I was naughty and I took a little peek under the bandage on my leg and the incision looks good! I know it must be healing because it is SO itchy and it takes every ounce of my will power to not stick a pen in the bandage and scratch, scratch, scratch!


After the accident, the incision was made horizontally across my leg because of how the bone came out. This most recent incision is vertical AND horizontal. I'm going to have a pretty nasty scar, but Jordan always reminds me that I have a great story to tell about it. I am almost positive that I'll have the scar for the rest of my life, but I'll take the scar any day. The scar is a reminder of the fact that I did NOT die and that I have my life.


WELP, summer is just around the corner and I won't be able to wear shorts or shorter skirts. It's not because I'm ashamed of my scar; in fact, I willing show a lot of people! I just want to keep my scars out of the sun as much as possible in the hopes that they will fade away. I've been using a combination of Mederma for Scars with SPF 15 and Bio-Oil. The Mederma smells weird, but I like that it has SPF in it. The Bio-Oil smells kind of like an old lady, but I really like it because it keeps the scars moist and I think it works pretty well. It's WAY cheaper than Mederma so I primarily use the Bio-Oil. I just happened to stumble across it at Target over the winter because it's right next to the Mederma and the rest of the scar therapy products.

Since I can't wear shorts and "short" skirts, I decided I was going to buy a couple of maxi dresses and maxi skirts this year. I only have one maxi dress that I actually like and I got last year at Macy's at the end of the season. It's navy blue with an Ikat print on it, so I'm hoping to find a basic black or gray maxi dress. So far, I haven't had any luck with the dresses. On the other hand, I did buy two new maxi skirts from the Gap this afternoon. They are both the same cut, but one is a navy and oatmeal stripe and the other one is coral. Definitely went out on a limb with the coral - I pretty much only wear navy, white, gray, black or tan. I know, I'm boring! BUT, when I do buy color I usually gravitate to corals and plums.


A-Line Maxi Skirt from the Gap in Coral

I don't have a picture of the navy and oatmeal stripe because they are sold out online. It is also almost sold out in the stores. It is a great and flattering fit and they are only $50 each so it doesn't surprise me. I think I'm going to wear my navy and oatmeal striped skirt to my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so if the outfit turns out cute, I'll post a pic. If you're on the wall about maxi skirts, go to the Gap and try one on! Definitely worth the time and money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.