Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Team Gale

On Sunday, a couple of my friends came over for lunch and then we all went to see The Hunger Games. I dragged Andrew and Ellen to downtown Lock Haven to the historic Roxy Theater that was built in 1924. Lock Haven is kind of a dump, but the Roxy Theater is amazing and when it was restored in the 90s, they kept the old art deco vibe of it.




I read all The Hunger Game books in about a week when I came home from the hospital because I was laid up and had nothing better to do. They were awesome and I just ate them up like candy. Jordan didn't read the books because he really only reads boring political books, but he's a hardcore Libertarian and he must have read a lot of good reviews about the books and movies on online Libertarian forums. I have been waiting for this movie to come out and it was definitely worth the wait. Of course the book was better, but the movie did a pretty good job summing up the important points of the book.



My friend, Ellen, just recently started reading the books before the movie came out and she was all about Peeta. She even told me she imagined Peeta being really hot -- which he is DEFINITELY not. I always pictured Peeta as a unattractive, awkward, fat baker's son and in the movie he's not fat, but he is definitely unattractive and awkward. I know that's mean but the actor that plays him, Josh Hutcherson, has nothing on the guy that plays Gale. Gale is played by Liam Hemsworth who was in The Last Song with Miley Cyrus. He is GORGEOUS! So I am even more team Gale after watching the movie. 

The teeny bopper in me is in full swing right now because I also saw a trailer for the new movie with Zac Efron (swoon!) called The Lucky One. It comes out on April 20th and I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Nicole.... I read the lucky one about two years ago and when I found out they were making a movie I thought...lame. Then I heard Zac Enron was the lead and I about peed my pants. He is just freaking hot.... So now I can't wait for the movie!! Oh and Liam Hemsworth is totally hot too... Ahhhh... I'll forever be 13 and in love with the most recent heartthrobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ok ok I admit I did picture Peeta as hot but I was always team Gale and after seeing the movie I kinda want to have his babies.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.