Monday, March 26, 2012

Steak Salad Dressing Take 1

I am always on a quest for an amazing steak salad. So far, the best one I have ever had was at a restaurant my friend, Stephanie, and I went to up in Williamsport called Rivals. Rivals is actually more of a sports bar, but they have a killer steak salad. I've come to the conclusion that the sweet and sour dressing they have there is what makes the salad. 

Threw together a quick steak salad for me and Jordan for supper tonight. Supper was kind of interrupted but an unexpected and slightly unwelcomed guest, but the salad hit the spot anyway.  



I kind of played around with a vinaigrette recipe I got from Lucinda Scala Quinn's Mad Hungry book and tried to make it sweeter and this is what I came up with.

Steak Salad Dressing (Take 1)

Ingredients
1/3 cup good olive oil
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Whisk all ingredients together until well combined. This dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.

The dressing KINDA hit the spot, but still wasn't like the dressing from Rivals. I'd make it again because I could use it on regular salads, but I'm going to figure out the Rivals dressing one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.